1 Rice Gate Circle
Status: Under Contract
DESCRIPTIONInspired Lowcountry contemporary home filled with light and warmth. Dramatic windows and sight lines combine to create a truly special environment assembled with the finest materials and attention to detail. This almost new home is indeed a Spring Island treasure.
4 bedroom, 4 baths, 2 half baths, over 4700 heated sf. 3 car garage with EV charger.
• Main house embodies open space and light, from 12’ Loewen windows overlooking the Colleton River to MHB steel doors opening wide to the serene hidden garden and inviting screen porch. Sunrise to sunset, this home basks in the glow of Lowcountry sun, tides, and lush landscape.
• The great room and dining area are anchored with floor to ceiling views of marsh and gardens. The living area features a stunning wall of blue gun steel and tabby panels surrounding a see-through Acucraft fireplace. The dining room is accentuated with dozens of droplets of light from its shimmering chandelier.
• The kitchen is truly the heart of this home. Standing at the sink in its 9’ island, the marsh and river glisten beyond the expansive screen porch in one direction, the colors of camelias and Meyer lemon trees gleam in the walled garden to the right, the great room wall and flickering fireplace to the left. Marble and stone counter tops, separate cooking and baking ovens, custom metal-inlaid cabinets create a warm, welcoming place for family and friends to gather.
• The master bedroom features two glass walls looking out on live oaks and water. Two walk-in closets and built in dressers connect to the spacious master bath with radiant heat marble floor, two vanities, and an exquisite soaking tub.
• The main house is completed with a comfortable first floor den with floating shelves and fireplace and a second smaller office with built in cabinets and shelves that adjoins a walk-in pantry with a second dishwasher and wine cooler. Upstairs, a second bedroom features a long cozy window seat and private bath.
• Across the breezeway is the property’s two-bedroom, two bath guest house with the signature marsh views from its living room and a kitchenette with sink and a full refrigerator. Drop stairs lead to a large storage area in the attic.
• Finally, this magnificent home is a dog lover’s dream. Behind a hidden and landscaped fence is the open, grassy puppy paddock, a safe and controlled environment that connects directly to the home’s dog wash area and laundry.
© Copyright Spring Island Realty 2019
Spring Island Realty
38 Mobley Oaks Lane | Okatie, SC 29909