WE PROTECT WHAT WE LOVE
“Earth was created for all of us, not some of us.”
A PARTNERSHIP WITH NATUREMuch of Spring Island’s preservation, it’s measured approach to development and the continued education of Members and the larger community is thanks to the Spring Island Trust. Established in 1990 by the Chaffin/Light group with sights on developing Spring Island in a minimally invasive and sustainable way. This bold and fortuitous decision has no doubt had a profound effect on the unique community that Spring Island has grown into.
The Spring Island Trust manages the island’s nature preserves and wildlife, sponsors educational and cultural programs for residents and provides technical expertise to the community on landscaping, land management, and other environmental issues.
ABOUT SPRING ISLAND TRUST
- Works in conjunction with Spring Island Property Owners Association (SIPOA) to govern development on Spring Island
- Non-profit established in 1990 at the outset of developing the Island
- Sponsors educational opportunities for Members
- Provides technical expertise
- 3 primary functions: Land Management; Education; and ensuring Environmentally Sensitive Development.
IN THE NEWS
Spring Island Realty
38 Mobley Oaks Lane | Okatie, SC 29909
© Copyright Spring Island Realty 2018