FOR THE LOVE OF HORSES
“Some people are just born with horses in their blood.”
HOME IS WHERE YOUR HORSE ISHorses are as much a part of the culture and landscape of Spring Island as oyster roasts and Live oaks. Equestrian having been an integral part of the Island since the 1700s, Members can ride the exact trails that Mr. Walker and guests rode after a successful quail hunt over 100 years ago. Wide paths and dirt roads allow travelers to ride three abreast with their dogs running ahead, hitch up at Bonny Shore where lunch is served and continue on through miles of varied eco-systems and past sweeping Lowcountry vistas.
A busy social hub in the mornings where riders of private horses, and those taking advantage of the Club horses, gather in shared appreciation for this active South Carolina equestrian community. There are 10 homesites on Spring Island that are designated equestrian properties, some yet to be developed.
Others can board their horses at the Spring Island Equestrian Center alongside six Club horses full of personality. Members can arrive at the Equestrian Center and be fully outfitted for a ride with Club horses that are carefully selected according to their comfort and experience level.
- 24 Stalls
- 16 Paddocks and pastures
- 29.5 acres (23 irrigated) of coastal bermuda and bahia for grazing
- 100 x 200 foot flatwork arena with all-weather footing
- 3/4 acre multi-purpose sand arena
- 1/2 acre grass arena
- 60 foot round pen
- Over 30 miles of manicured trails on the Island wind through salt marsh, Live oak forests, pine savannas and old agricultural fields
CARE AND SERVICES
- Full Care Board includes blankets, basic medication, twice weekly grooming and daily health checks
- Quality feed available
- Hay: Timothy, orchard grass and alfalfa
- Lessons available in multiple disciplines, as well as pony rides for children
- Exercise packages also available for boarders
© Copyright Spring Island Realty 2019
Spring Island Realty
38 Mobley Oaks Lane | Okatie, SC 29909