THE ACE BASIN
A TREASURED PRESERVEOne of the largest undeveloped estuaries on the Atlantic Coast, the ACE Basin is comprised of the Ashepoo, Combahee and Edisto rivers (ACE). Resting primarily in Colleton, Beaufort and Charleston counties, over 250,000 acres of land have been protected here through private and public efforts under the ACE Basin Task Force umbrella. Including the marshes and water, the 350,000 acre area is known for its natural environment and the preservation of its marshes, wetlands, hardwood forests, and riverine systems as well as the fauna that occupy the area.
ACE BASIN PROTECTED AREAS
- 12,000 acres of land preserved in perpetuity
- The Ace Basin National Estuarine Research Reserve
- Ernest F. Hollings ACE Basin National Wildlife Refuge
- Bear Island Wildlife Management Area
- Donnelly Wildlife Management Area
- St. Helena Sound Heritage Preserve
IN THE NEWS
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
Spring Island Realty
38 Mobley Oaks Lane | Okatie, SC 29909
© Copyright Spring Island Realty 2018