7 Old Boathouse Ln; Okatie SC 29909
DESCRIPTIONThis distinctive home and guest cottage were designed by the renowned Lowcountry architect, Jim Thomas, who carefully crafted this imaginative residence with character, charm, and whimsy positioned on 2.47 acres on Betsy’s Pond. The close-up views of the pond with its astounding birdlife and long views of the tranquil salt marsh, Chechessee River and the more distant Broad River provide hours of pleasure. With the combination of wood shingles, authentic tabby, metal roof and traditional Southern charm, this compound is an inviting residence.
• Light streams in the great room, dining, kitchen and breakfast area, with a wall of French doors leading to the outdoor veranda, all located on the upper level to take advantage of the spectacular views.
• The living area with its vaulted ceiling and reclaimed beams is highlighted by a beautiful tabby fireplace and antique heart pine floors, adding warmth and visual interest.
• Tucked away in a quiet corner is a wonderful office with windows on three sides. A circular staircase in the upstairs foyer leads to a roof deck with seating offering expansive water, marsh and tree top views.
• A windowed entry opens to a foyer with a dramatic light-filled curving staircase. This level contains the master suite with a windowed reading nook, his and her walk-in closets, and a master bath with a walk-in shower. There is also a guest bedroom with an ensuite bath, a laundry room, and the elevator.
• For family and guests, a spacious two bedroom, two bath guest cottage features a sitting room with kitchenette and porch overlooking the 9th fairway of the Arnold Palmer golf course, with glimpses of the plantation ruins.
• A covered two-car parking area with an adjoining storage area is connected to the main house by a trellis.
• The mature ornamental plantings in the circular drive provide additional privacy. This residence is but a short distance from the Golf House and Old Tabby Ruins.
© Copyright Spring Island Realty 2019
Spring Island Realty
38 Mobley Oaks Lane | Okatie, SC 29909